I didn’t post my resolutions last year, but I actually came up with a big list of SMART goals for the year and I managed to complete about 3/4 of them.
My theme last year was Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise.
Yes, I had a theme.
We moved to Georgia at the end of 2011, and I love it. I spent a good portion of my free time in the great outdoors. I’ve only been tracking my activities fitocracy.com for the last 6 months, so the actual numbers are quite higher but I logged 124 workouts including…
- ~80 hours of mountain biking over 30 trips
- ~23 hours hiking over 15 trips
- ~40.5 miles jogging 18 trips
- Attended 2 months of CrossFit
- Become obsessed with my fitbit
- Lost 15lbs
Most of my financial goals are private, however I did manage to move a few of my sites over to EC2.
My “wise” goals were mostly non-fiction reading, but I also finally switched over to a password manager and setup a home backup system.
- Bash Cookbook
- Programming Amazon EC2
- Don’t Make Me Think
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams
Work sent me to the fantastic re:Invent conference!
Additionally I spent a lot of time working on Linux this year, both servers and my workstations.
Now lest bygones be forgot, 2013 is going to be my year!